Saturday 30 March 2013

It all started with a bunny...



...and a mouse. I decided it was high time I started my blog. With this, my latest WIP. I made the bunny for my big girl, who named her Petal. The pattern is from Issue 2 of Simply Crochet magazine (here), and it is fun and easy and quick, the best kind of crochet! And now my little girl wants her own crocheted softie, but has requested a mouse.

I haven’t been able to find a crochet pattern for a mouse that I think is as cute as the bunny, so I’ve decided to use the bunny pattern and just adjust the ears and tail to make a mouse. Watch this space. I hope it doesn’t end up looking like a rat...
So what else do I have WIPping around the house, you ask? Well, have a look-see:

I do like my linen, and I promise to give details on where I found all these lovely patterns, in time

I’m learning to sew, too, and freestyle machine embroidery, more on that soon
And, of course, more hooky love!
What do you think? We have lots to chat about, don’t we?
Do keep in touch, there will be some ta-dah moments in the near future!
Celebrate Spring and Easter tomorrow, no matter the weather!
Happy crafting,
Chrissie x

10 comments:

  1. Your bunny is gorgeous! Can't wait to read more about your crafting and continue to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there Chrissie - I couldn't resist popping over to say hello to your little bunny! Your house sounds perfectly normal to me - a wonderful creative home. I look forward to meeting little mouse. Have a lovely Easter x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you!!!! I heard the news about your blog from Jooles!!!
    Good luck, xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chrissie! So lovely to 'meet' you sweetie! I popped over from dear Jooles' lovely blog! Your creations are beautiful and your new blog is wonderful! Love and hugs, Paula xo ... Happy Easter too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping in to say hello, and good luck with your blog! :) Can't wait to read more about your crafty adventures :) x Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely patchwork and that bunny is so so cute!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie, lovely to meet you :) I heard all about you from Jooles, so I thought I would pop over and say hello! I am looking forward to seeing all your gorgeous creations.
    Happy Easter!
    Love Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Chrissie, welcome to the world of blog. I'm new to this too, only had a blog for a few weeks. I tried to add myself as a follower but I think I've messed it up, sorry. Your home sounds a lot like mine, with lots of crafting on the go.

    Hope all goes well for you.
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful patchwork - and gorgeous little bunny - I have a feeling your blog will become a firm favourite :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie. Congrats on biting the blog bullet. I have been pondering taking the plunge. Look forward to reading more. Clair xxx

    ReplyDelete